Some Interesting Facts about Europe
- Europe is the second smallest continent in the world covering about 6055010.44 SQ KM
- Europe shares its boundaries by the Arctic Ocean to the North, the Atlantic Ocean to the West, and the Mediterranean Sea to the South.
- Europe is home to both the smallest and Largest country in the world. Vatican City is the smallest country in the world has only 0.44 SQ KM and Russia is the largest country by area of having 17,098,242 square kilometers.
- Largest cities in Europe are London and Paris.
- Volga river in Russia is the longest river in Europe. It has the length of 3,692 Kilometers.
- Mount Elbrus in Russia is the highest mountain in Europe. It has the height of 5,642 Meters.
Map of European Countries
The following map will show you the list of countries in Europe and their capital cities.
List of Countries in Europe
The following table shows the List of Countries in Europe continent, along with the country’s Area in Square Kilometers. As you can see from the below tables, we arranged the countries names according to alphabetical order.
|S.No||Country||Area (SQ KM)|
|7||Bosnia and Herzegovina||51,197|
|21||Holy See (Vatican City)||0.44|
|25||Isle of Man||572|